Prakas No. 976 of the Ministry of Economy and Finance dated 9 October 2017 revised the tax base on calculating the PLT as below:
1) Importer & Manufacturer: Tax base is equal to the value per invoice including of all taxes except VAT and PLT.
2) Distributor: Tax base is equal to 20% of value per invoice including of all taxes except VAT and PLT.
The rate of PLT is remaining unchanged.
Importer & Manufacturer: Selling per invoice including of all taxes is USD 1,200.
Tax base = 1,200 /1.1/1.03 = 1,059.14
PLT = 1,059.14 *3% = USD 31.77
Distributor: Selling per invoice including of all taxes is USD 1,500.
Tax base = 1,500 *20%/1.1/1.03 = USD 264.78
PLT = 264.78 * 3% = USD 7.94
Note: Please kindly notes that PLT is applied for the supply of the following:
a. Alcohol product:
– Fresh grape wine including grape wine which already adding alcohol
– fresh grape wines prepared with the help of plants or flavored substances,
– Other ferment beverages except palm tree wine and white wine
– Alcoholic strength by volume of 80% of higher
b. All kinds of cigarettes and cigars including electronic cigars.
PAT Professional Team